-During this service-learning project, I hope to gain a better sense of how hard it is for a refugee to transmission themselves into their new environments. I also hope to have an overall good service-learning project experience because I am excited to help out at the Rock Island ELL program. I hope that I am able to provide the people that I help with a positive experience.
2. What are your assumptions about your service-learning site?
- I assume that the school has a large separate room or rooms that are specifically for the ELL program. I imagine that there are many desks and shelves full of school supplies, along with a few offices for those who are in charge of the ELL program.
3. What do you already know/or assume about the work they do?
- I know that they help refugee children with their school work and driving tests. I know that they also help children develop their study skills, and try to help them organize their schoolwork.
4. What do you know/or assume about the population they serve?
-I know that they serve refugees who have left their countries due to different circumstances.
5. What connections/interests/passions do you have for this site or the population it serves?
-I am interested in helping others. I have always had a passion to help those in need, no matter what their situation is. I am really excited to being this service project because I think I will have an amazing experience and that I will walk away with a lot of new insights on life and refugees.
No comments:
Post a Comment